Volcano Race[edit | edit source]
|Volcano Race: Played by Martian children everywhere!|
|Trios per color:||5|
|Number of colors:||2|
|- - - - - - Other equipment - - - - - -|
|2 small pyramids of a neutral color and (preferably) a Volcano board.|
|Setup time:||1–3 minutes|
|Status: Complete (v1.0), Year released: 2002|
Overview: Long, long ago, while all the adults and teen-ager Martians were playing Icehouse, the little kids were playing Volcano Race. This is not a game for just Martian Children though... It's also for Earthling Adults!
Setup[edit | edit source]
A Volcano board is not required, but may be convenient.
Make 5 nests for each player. Each nest should be pyramids of alternating colors. Example: Blue player's nests should be : 1 sm. blue + 1 Md. red + 1 Lrg Blue. Red players will be the opposite. You should also get two smalls of a neutral color.
Arrange the nests like so:
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Youngest player goes first.
- Play is made Volcano-style in a counter-clockwise direction, erupting an entire stack. One move per turn.
- The two neutral pieces are the capturing areas. A player owns the capturing area to the right of him/her and keeps any pyramids that land on it during their move. Players skip over their opponent's capturing area.
Rule Variant(s)[edit | edit source]
- Players get another turn if the last piece erupted lands in their capuring area.
- Players who build trees in their scoring area get a bonus of 5 points per Tree.
- Players who build nests in their scoring area get a bonus of 5 points per Nest.
- Players who can build a nest or tree of all the same color get a bonus of 15 points!
Scoring[edit | edit source]
There are a couple of different ways you can do Scoring.
- 1. Whoever has the most Pyramids at the end,wins.
- 2. Whoever has the greatest pip total at the end plus bonus points, wins.