|Be the first player with a power coupling on each of the other nodes.|
|Players:||2 - 4|
|Trios per color:||5|
|Number of colors:||4|
|- - - - - - Other equipment - - - - - -|
|GRYB board and GRYB dice|
|Setup time:||2 minutes|
|Status: Complete (v1.0), Year released: 2002|
Description[edit | edit source]
Be the first player with a power coupling on each of the other nodes of a GRYB board.
Objective[edit | edit source]
To be the first player with a power coupling on each of the other nodes.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- GRYB Board
- GRYB Die
- Red, Yellow, Green, And Blue Icehouse Stashes (one stash for each player).
Setup[edit | edit source]
- Each player takes a stash of Icehouse pieces. The color of the stash will corespond to that player's color on the board.
- Each player places one medium pyramid on the top level node of thier color.
Play[edit | edit source]
- The youngest player goes first
- A player rolls the GRYB die.
- If the player rolls his own color and his start node is empty, he may play a new pyramid to his start node.
- If the player rolls his own color and his start node is occupied by another player's pyramid, he may capture that pyramid following the capture rules.
- A player may make a legal move to the color he rolled using any existing pyramids. See table.
|Move Type||Conditions or Restrictions|
|2nd level node||Large pyramids may not move lower then the second level|
|3rd level node||Medium pyramids may no move lower then the third level|
|4th level node||Small pyramids are the only size allowed on the fourth level|
|Horizontal||A pyramid may move around a quadrangle to the corresponding color rolled.|
|Vertical||A pyramid may, if it meets level restrictions, move up or down one level to the corresponding color rolled.|
|Occupied Node||A pyramid may follow the rules for towers and captures.|
- Play then continues to the left.
Towers[edit | edit source]
- A player may stack his pyramids by landing a smaller pyramid on a larger one.
- Once a tower is made, it can be moved as one piece following level size restrictions.
- All smaller pyramids must removed from a tower before a larger pyramid can be moved by itself.
- A tower cannot be captured if it is topped by a small pyramid. All other towers my be captured following the rules for captures.
Captures[edit | edit source]
- A pyramid may capture an opponents pyramids if it meets the following criteria.
- The capturing pyramid is smaller the pyramid being captured.
- Small pyramids may be captured only by other small pyramids.
- A captured pyramid is returned to the player's stash.
- The capturing player recieves another turn.
Winning[edit | edit source]
A player wins when he has...
- A small pyramid on a level 4 node of his color that is on a different top level branch than his large or medium pyramid, and not on his on top level start nodes branch.
- A medium pyramid on a level 3 node of his color that is on a different top level branch than his small or large pyramid, and not on his on top level start nodes branch.
- A large pyramid on a level 2 node of his color that is on a different top level branch than his small or medium pyramid, and not on his on top level start nodes branch.
External Links[edit | edit source]
External rules are located here
For information on the GRYB gaming system go here.