Pyramid Arcade contains 90 pyramids in ten colors:It is a compilation of 22 games designed for the Looney Pyramid game system and includes all instructions and all necessary components to play them. Described as Andy Looney's "Magnum Opus", Pyramid Arcade was successfully funded on Kickstarter in May of 2016 and became available to purchase from brick-and-mortar stores in November of 2016. The "Arcade" is intended to be the flagship pyramid box and has replaced the IceDice and Treehouse bags as the primary means for new players to purchase pyramids.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Pyramid Arcade contains a total of 90 pyramids (Three trios in ten different colors) as well as various additional components related to the featured games. These components include:
- A plastic Volcano board
- A plastic Wheel board for Color Wheel and Petri Dish
- A folding, double-sided board with a World War 5 map on one side and a 2-player Martian Chess board on the other
- Two Lunar Invaders boards (one with a Petal Battle board on the one side and a Twin Win board on the other)
- Six Looney Ludo boards (four with alternate colored versions on the backs, and one with a 3x3 Hijinks grid, and one with a Launchpad 23 board)
- A five-suited Zark City deck (with Yellow Stars, Purple Spades, Red Hearts, Green Clubs, & Cyan Diamonds)
- A full set of Twin Win cards for all 10 colors of Pyramids
- A set of Pyramid Arcade cards which profile each game, designed to assist in game selecting
- Nine dice
- Three standard six-sided dice
- A new "Color Die" which also shows the Zark City deck suits
- One "Pyramid Die"
- Three "Lightning Dice"
- One "Treehouse Die"
- One drawstring bag
- A metal turn token
- A Starship Captain sticker
- and a 76 page rulebook
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The graphic design for Pyramid Arcade, including the box art, instruction manual, game badges and playing cards was designed by Other Studio
- The color die substitutes purple for black, compared to the 2011 IceDice die.
- Two sea routes were accidentally omitted from the WW5 board.
- Stretch goals included extra pyramids and a chessboard bandana. Higher-level backers also got to add a customized card for a game of their choice to the "what to play" deck.
- The pyramids themselves were modified in order to meet toy safety standards. Arcade pyramid tips are slightly more rounded, less pointy. Unrelated, the pips can be felt on the inner walls.
External Links[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
- Kickstarter campaign
- Kickstarter campaign update
- Sizzle Reel
- Answers with Alison: How to fit more stuff in the Arcade
See Also[edit | edit source]
Games Featured in Pyramid Arcade[edit | edit source]
|Featured in Pyramid Arcade|
|Black ICE · Color Wheel · Give or Take · Hijinks|
|Homeworlds · Ice Dice · Ice Towers · Launchpad 23|
|Looney Ludo · Lunar Invaders · Martian Chess · Petal Battle|
|Petri Dish · Pharaoh · Powerhouse · Pyramid-Sham-Bo|
|Treehouse · Twin Win · Verticality · Volcano|
|World War 5 · Zark City|
|Featured in Pyramid Arcade 22 More Great Games|
|Little Else Required|
|Apophis · Egyptian Solitaire · Freeze Tag|
|Gleebs and Grues · Logger · Timelock · Penguin Soccer|
|More Pyramids Required|
|Icehouse · Quicksand · Torpedo · Undercut|
|More Pyramids + Other Stuff Required|
|Alien City · Blam! · Builders of R'lyeh · Gnostica|
|Pikemen · Pylon · RAMbots · Stack Control|
|Subdivision · Synapse-Ice · Zendo|
|Featured in Pyramid Arcade Bonus Cards|
|Aquarius Rising · Blam! · Carrots and Broccoli · Freeze Tag|
|Gnostica · Icehouse · Penguin Soccer · Pyramid Ball|
|RAMbots · Skurðir · Solomids · Zendo|